Click on a question for the answer
1. Mid-Atlantic Clothing Recycling – What kind of company is it?
2. Won’t MAC Recycling be competing with charities that collect clothing?
3. What happens to the clothing, shoes, and other textiles after they are picked up from the bins?
4. Why is recycling clothing and shoes so important?
5. Why should property / store managers or business owners allow a clothing recycling bin on their property?
6. What items does MAC Recycling accept or not accept?
Pocketbooks / purses
Non Acceptable Items
Oil soaked textiles
Rugs and carpeting
Mattresses / Furniture
Books, CD’s, VCR tapes
Kitchenware, Hard Toys
Bric-a-brac, glassware, etc.
7. Is all of the used clothing and textiles recyclable?
Clothing recycling is one of the most efficient recycling industries. Nearly 100% is recyclable.
About 50% of the clothing collected is recycled as second-
20% is made into cleaning and polishing cloths for industrial use.
26% is recycled for use as fiber for insulation products, mattresses,
fiberboard, upholstery, and even re-woven into new textiles.
8. How often are the clothing recycling containers maintained?
9. How often are the containers emptied?
10. Do you give tax receipts?
11. What if I want it removed?
Who are we?
Mid-Atlantic Clothing Recycling (MAC) is a professional clothing recycling company. We’re committed to helping American’s achieve another important step in recycling. The recycling of used clothing and shoes.
We contribute to the environment by helping to keep millions of pounds of solid waste out of our nation’s landfills by making it safe, easy and convenient for communities to recycle used clothing.
If you're a school, church or other type organization you can change your used clothes, shoes, belts, handbags and stuffed animals into an easy and fun way to raise funds for your organization.
If you're a Property Manager, you'll find MAC Recycling a perfect partner to help provide recycling services to your tenants, customers and neighbors. MAC Recycling has a long history of success with Property Managers because of the service and maintenance
Mid-Atlantic Clothing Recycling LLC
5-D Gwynns Mill Court
Owings Mills, Maryland 21117